Total Pageviews

Monday, September 24, 2018

TP-MW DXpedition at Taitosaki, Chiba prefecture

  I joined a TP-MW DXpedition at Taitosaki, Chiba with other 4 members of TDXC on Sep.23.  The weather was good with the autumn sea wind. We set up a Twisted Double Delta Flag (D-Kaz)antenna of 20m of the bottom line length.  Space weather news didn't report any anomalous message regarding the geomagnetic phenomenon.



K-index 27 days chart from NICT
The last green bar shows a geomagnetic status of Sep.23 2018.
http://hirweb.nict.go.jp/sedoss/geoact-j/do?d=2018.09.23
   We monitored all MW band with each Perseus SDR and also recorded all MW band from 16:00 to 19:00 J.S.T. Regular TP TDX stations on the west coast were dominant. But I couldn't get KKOL that is one of the regular TP-DX stations on 1300kHz. Instead of KKOL,  I could get KAPL(K-Apple) luckily on this frequency.  According to Wikipedia, KKOL has been off-the-air since this February because of its transmitter problem.




    After I came home, I could dig a weak signal on 1340kHz in my recorded data. It was KATA with 1kW of transmitting power from Arcata, California. The transmitting antenna of this station is very close to Arcata Bay at the side of the Pacific ocean. I guess sea gain effect helped to propagate such a small powered radio wave.

The recorded audio file of KATA ID on 1340 kHz
You can hear " 1340 AM KATA.." 


We are Japanese MW DXers. We would like to interact with other MW DXers.
Special thanks to Sawapon for this picture.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Excellent effort Fumiaki-san! I have fond memories of meeting Japanese DXers Toshimichi Ohtake and Takahito Akabayashi when I visited Tokyo several years ago. I enjoy MW DX from Mangawhai on NZ's Pacific Coast, using a WinRadio G33DDC Excalibur Pro SDR and EWEs aimed at North and South America! Today I was able to catch Algeria 1422 around 0520 UTC, with a signal path crossing both the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans! If you have any queries about stations in the South Pacific, let me know.

Fumiaki MINEMATSU said...

Bryan-san, Thank you for your comment on my blog! I know them too. They are very famous Japanese DXers. I'm glad to know that you enjoy MW DX in New Zealand. I have been to Auckland, Christchurch and Tekapo etc. I would like to visit there again. Oh, I remember a hotel that I stayed in Auckland was next to Radio New Zealand.
Yes. I am interested in TP DX in the South Pacific area too. From Japan, we often try to catch MW stations from Tuvalu etc. I enjoy KiwiSDR in NZ on SDR.HU. I can listen to Tohoku hoso(Sendai city, Miyagai) on 1260kHz very often on KiwiSDR located at NORTHLAND RADIO ZMH292.
I would appreciate if you could keep in touch and exchange information regarding MW DX stations.
Good luck DX!