Total Pageviews

Friday, September 28, 2018

Does this USB Isolator support my Perseus SDR?

    I found an interesting article about USB isolator on ¡BAMLog!  A homemade USB groundbreaker is also introduced there. My eye was caught on a figure that shows the noise floor is reduced by 3 to 6dB!  I guess this noise reduction helps me dig a very weak MW DX station.  According to the article, the HiFiMe High-Speed USB Isolator reportedly is not yet released. But The device has been available on its site (https://hifimediy.com/high-speed-usb-isolator-480Mbps)  The price is 89 dollars. I think it is reasonable.  This USB isolator supports up to the data rate of 480Mbps that is enough for data transferring from Perseus SDR to PC.


The HiFiMe High-Speed USB Isolator

    I ordered this device tonight.  I will review this device with my Perseus SDR after the device is delivered to me from Hong Kong.

2 comments:

Scanplorer said...

Hello,

Is it worth to buy HiFiMe High-Speed USB Isolator for SDR? Does it actually make any difference?

Fumiaki MINEMATSU said...

Hi, Scanplorer, I would test this device in our DXpedition this weekend but unfortunately, the DXpedition was cancelled due to a super typhoon. I will try to test in our next DXpedition on Nov.and I will report it.
Good DX!